Hello Everybody! Carrie here with my first hybrid layout using the lovely Hello Beautiful Kit. This was such a fun layout to put together because I LOVE printing digital papers onto a transparency using my inkjet printer. It's actually one of my favorite ways to use digital papers ; ) However, I think I should note that I did change the leaf color of the flower paper slightly in Photoshop to blend with the green in my accompanying photo before printing. I knew I wanted to print out this paper onto transparency specifically because I love the design, and having it on transparency almost makes it "glow", plus I thought the pink tones would bring out the slight pink in the photo (which makes me happy).
As an additional hybrid technique I decided to use one of the free frame cut files with some white cardstock and my Silhouette Cameo. The cut file comes sized to 12 inches tall, and I shrunk it down to 11 inches tall in the Silhouette software before cutting. To begin the assembly of this layout, I chose the white and black pokadot paper for my background. Next, I layered the inside of the frame with the flower transparency, trimming the excess with scissors before attaching it all to the background. I decided to use the white cardstock behind the transparency so it would pop instead of get lost with the pokadot pattern. Then, I adhered the actual frame on top of it all, and used my paper trimmer to trim the excess off of the right side of the 6x12 inch layout.
For my title, I chose the phrase "love this" out of silver glitter from the American Crafts Cedar Lane Thickers. The silver color matches the gray in the opposite photo almost perfectly. However, I did add in a gold glitter heart to dot the "i" since the photo also has a lot of that same golden color. Of course, just one heart wasn't enough so I ended up adding in two more.
As a final step I decided to add my journaling onto a popped up tag. I used white cardstock and my typewriter for the text, and created the tag using the backside of the "hello beautiful" tag that came in the die cut pack. Then, I layered it with more of the printed transparency which is attached to the tag using a silver eyelet. To make the text stand up a little without adding bulk I attached it to the tag using glue dots. Lastly, I trimmed off the bottom of the tag to make it this final length and popped it up using a square piece of foam paper.....and that's it!
Thanks so much for taking a look at my first hybrid project here. As you can see from the full spread photo it is now sitting neatly in my Project Life album which is quickly filling up with a mixture of my photos, as well as lots of the awesome product Andrea designs for these kits. See you next time! : )